What I Pack for the Chicago Marathon
For the fourth year, I will be part of the Medical Communication Team at the Chicago Marathon this weekend. Not only is the event a great time, it is a wonderful volunteer opportunity. If you enjoy public service communication events, marathons are great opportunities to test your equipment and skills.
This year is the first time that I will use a new deployment kit.
- Maxpedition Octa Versipack
- Maxpedition CP-L Phone/Radio Pouch
- Maxpedition 1-Quart Canteen Pouch
- Maxpedition Horizontal Smart Phone Holder
You can read more about the kit and its various pieces here.
- Counterpoise, 19.5-Inches (VHF)
- Counterpoise, 6.25-Inches (UHF)
- Diamond SRH940 Flexible Tri-Band Antenna
- goTenna MESH Network Radio
- Samsung Galaxy S5 G900V
- Tactical Gadgets Earpiece
- Yaesu FBA-39 Alkaline Batter Case
- Yaesu FGPS-3 GPS Antenna Unit
- Yaesu FNB-101LI 7.4V 1,100 mAh Battery (2)
- Yaesu MH-74 Waterproof Speaker/Microphone
- Yaesu VX-8DR Handheld Transceiver
Tools & Equipment
- Bushnell Rubicon T200L Torch Flashlight
- Leatherman Crater C33X Lock Blade Knife
- Leatherman OHT Multi-Tool
- REI Day Hiker First-Aid Kit
- UST See-Me 6-Inch Chemlight Stick
- UST Emergency Rain Poncho
- Canteen, 1-Quart
- Clif Bar Organic Energy Food Banana Mango with Coconut
- ProBar Meal Original Trail Mix
Crossposted at Everyday Carry.